Sunday, September 03, 2006

Money Money Money

Jobs are so weird. Today I had to administer first aid when one of my consumers was bit IN THE FACE by another consumer. Two weeks ago, I went to see the animated movie, Barnyard, while on the clock. Sometimes I think it's God's work, and sometimes I think it's babysitting.

I used to sit in on meetings to decide how best to win a 23 million dollar grant from the NIH. At one time, I assembled cheeseburgers in a polyester polo shirt and Dickies slacks. I served soup to Peter Gallagher. I checked coats on Jewish Singles Night. I issued birth certificates and marriage licenses. Of all the jobs so far, I like this one the best. It's fun sometimes and scary sometimes, but it's always completely relevant.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I like my current job best too :)