Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"Only those who want everything done for them are bored."

I am applying to an Accelerated BSN program, and my application is almost complete. Except for (dum dum dum) the dreaded personal essay.

I don't know where to start, I don't know what to say, and I'm bored just thinking about how boring it will be to plan this boring essay. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can compose this page-length opus without:

A.) actually falling asleep whilst simultaneously scratching my own eyeballs out or
B.) causing the admissions counselors to do the same?
Any new angle would be appreciated!

4 comments:

Austen said...

tell it like it is:

I have nothing better to do and I am depressed. This looks like a good idea and I like people when I'm not depressed. See, everyone wins.

Simulacrum said...

the other day someone was telling me about how the personal essay question at some ivy school was something like "What about your ethnicity and culture will contribute to our school?" And some girl started her answer with "I'm so white I'm nearly albino..."

Don't know if it worked, but I've got to say it's catchy.

Here's an idea, though: title your essay "The Girl Whose Legs Glow in the Dark." I'd read it.

warble said...

oh my god, did you see what debbie gibson was wearing? that is why i want to go to nursing school, to help people, people like debbie...and sick people,... and debbie. what? how did she get into that gold shirt.

RosemaryRuth said...

unfortunately, i am not going to the gofugyourself academy. if i were, god knows i'd get employee of the month.